|malay concordance project|
MS Cop. Schoemann V. 44, Prussische Staatsbibliotheek, Berlin.
text: unknown; manuscript: 1846.
text: unknown; manuscript: Javanese; on the cover-leaf of the manuscript “Adapun hikayat ini Agus Ahmad yang empunya.”
to the pages (1-19) and lines of the manuscript.
This text was kindly provided by Raimy Che’ Ross
- The manuscript bears two dates: on the cover-leaf 1261 [January-December 1845], and in the colophon 4 Maulud 1262 [= 2 March 1846].
- This text is accompanied in the manuscript by four others in the same genre, namely: Hikayat Puteri Salamah, Hikayat Bulan Dibelah Dua, Takbir Mimpi, and Surat Tamsil.
- Raimy Che-Ross comments: “The Jawi in this manuscript is generally clear but rather coarse and contains a few spelling errors.”
- The full text of Hikayat Iblis was earlier posted on the web by Raimy Che-Ross, and is now presented by Mohamed Yosri Mohamed Yong at http://sumarno.wordpress.com/category/hikayat/. This text may differ in some details from the text edited for the MCP.
- Added: 1998
- A transcription of the manuscript was prepared in by Raimy Che-Ross from the microfilm copy held in the Malay Manuscripts Centre of the National Library of Malaysia (microfilm no. 376). This was modified slightly for the MCP.
- Some readings of the manuscript remain obscure.