|malay concordance project|
Syair Bayan Budiman
Jumsari Jusuf, Tuti Munawar, Retnadi Geria & Amin Fukri Hoesin (eds.), Antologi Syair Simbolik dalam Sastra Indonesia Lama, Jakarta: Proyek Pembangunan Media Kebudayaan, Departemen Pendidikan dan Kebudayaan, Republik Indonesia, 1978, part I, pp.14-33.
W.239(a): Perpustakaan Nasional Republik Indonesia, Jakarta.
text: ? ±1870; manuscript: collected by van der Wall before 1873.
text: Singapore; manuscript: Batavia.
4216 words, comprising 975 verses
to the folios, recto and verso, (1v - 14v), stanzas and verses of the underlying manuscript.
- Editorial notes and bibliography
- The text contains discourses on religious topics. It is not related to the well-known and very much older Hikayat Bayan Budiman, or Tales of the Parrot.
- The editors have indicated the jawi spelling of some unusual or unknown words. These notes have been included in the MCP edition. However the editors' notes are not comprehensive.
- In some instances the text has been regularised in accordance with the editorial notes.
- H. Overbeck, "Malay Animal and Flower Shaers", Journal of the Malayan Branch of the Royal Asiatic Society, 12.2 (1934): 108-109.
- Added: September 2005
- Scanned and edited in Canberra for the MCP format.
- The folios and pages of the manuscript are as indicated in Antologi Syair Simbolik.