|malay concordance project|
selected articles from the newspaper Warta Malaya, transcribed by Raimy Che Ross.
Warta Malaya, daily, Singapore 1930-1941.
extracts from 1930-1935.
published in Singapore, but containing contributions from all parts of the Malay States and Straits Settlements.
to the dated issue and page of the newspaper in which the article appeared.
This text was kindly provided by the Jawi Transcription Project, National University of Singapore
through the good offices of Mark Emmanuel
- For a full list of the selected articles, click here.
- In search results, click on the location reference to be taken to the full text of the article.
- Editorial notes and bibliography
- Warta Malaya was a daily newspaper published in Singapore. Its editors were Onn bin Jaafar (1930-33), Sayyid Alwi bin Sayyid Shaykh al-Hadi (1933-34), Sayyid Hussein bin Ali Alsagoff (1934-1941), and Ibrahim bin Haji Yaakub (1941).
- • Mohd. b. Dato' Muda, Tarikh Surat Khabar, Bukit Mertajam, 1940.
- • Za'ba [Zainal Abidin bin Ahmad], "Modern Developments", Journal of the Malayan Branch of the Royal Asiatic Society 17.3 (1939): 142-162.
- • William R. Roff, Bibliography of Malay and Arabic Periodicals published in the Straits Settlements and Peninsular Malay States 1876-1941 with an annotated union list of holdings in Malaysia, Singapore and the United Kingdom, London: O.U.P., 1972 (London Oriental Bibliographies, volume 3), p.43, item 73.
- Added: August 2005
- The transcription was prepared under less than ideal conditions, and under severe pressure of time. It cannot therefore be guaranteed to be wholly accurate. It has been substantially edited in preparation for inclusion in the MCP. The National University of Singapore plans to make images of the original Jawi text available on line, and when these images become available, they will be linked to the MCP.