|malay concordance project|
Adat Raja Melayu
Panuti H.M. Sudjiman (ed.), Adat Raja-Raja Melayu, Jakarta: Penerbit Universitas Indonesia, 1983.
Farquhar MS No.4, Royal Asiatic Society, London.
MS 21042, School of Oriental and African Studies, London.
text: 1779; manuscripts: 1817, 1873.
text & manuscripts: Melaka.
to the pages (1 - 81, C74 - C78) and lines of the underlying manuscripts.
- Editorial notes
- Sudjiman presents a model critical edition, with extensive variant readings and some explanatory notes on language and custom.
- Sudjiman collates 10 manuscripts. The oldest contain only the core text (here taken from manuscript F of her collation = Farquhar MS No.4, RAS), which dates to 1779. Five of the younger manuscripts, collected later in the nineteenth century also have the additional material (here taken from manuscript C = MS 21042, SOAS), which probably dates from around the middle of the century.
- At the end of the additional material (C74 - C78) is a list of words used in the text with definitions or explanations.
- Added: December 2008
- The text was scanned in Canberra by the MCP using Abbyy™ Finereader OCR.
- The pages and lines of the underlying manuscripts are indicated in Sujdiman’s edition.