|malay concordance project|
“Maleisch proclamatie in Arabisch Letterschrift, door Lord Minto bij de landing der Engelsche expeditie op 4 Augustus 1811 gericht tot de bevolking van Java”, in Frederik de Haan, Oud Batavia, Deel III: Platenalbum, plate J 33 (Bandoeng: Nix, 1935).
1811 (14 Rajab 1226)
to the lines of document (in reproduction); s = text of the seal; col = colophon.
This text was kindly provided by Suryadi
- Editorial notes and bibliography
- De Haan reproduces a document he found in the Batavia archives.
- According to De Haan, the ‘Proclamation’ was originally written in English. It was then translated into Malay by a local writer named Abdoel Manan. De Haan mentions that it was once in the hands of a certain J.J. Moor. Around 1810, P.J. Moor was known as a translator for the Javanese language in Batavia. The present location of the original Jawi written version of this ‘Proclamation’ is not known.
- • Chijs, J.A. van der. 1897. Nederlandsch-Indisch plakatboek, 16de deel: 1810-1811. Batavia: Landsdrukkerij; 's Hage: M. Nijhoff — pp. 733-35, translation into Dutch by Janssens.
- • Gallop, Annabel Teh. 2002. “Malay seal inscriptions: a study of Islamic epigraphy from Southeast Asia”, 3 vols. [PhD dissertation, SOAS University of London] — the seal is Gallop BD.5 #99.
- • Haan, Frederik de. 1935. Oud Batavia, Deel III: Platenalbum. Bandoeng: Nix.
- Added: November 2008.
- A pre-publication digital text was provided by Suryadi.