|malay concordance project|
Hikayat Merong Mahawangsa
Siti Hawa Salleh, Hikayat Merong Mahawangsa, Kuala Lumpur: Penerbit Universiti Malaya, 1991.
Hikayat Marong Mahawangsa yakni Salasilah Negeri Kedah Dar al-Aman, Penang: R.J. Wilkinson, Acting Inspector of Schools, Straits Settlements, 1898 [lithograph].
text: about 1821; lithograph: 1898.
text: Kedah; manuscript: Penang.
to the pages (1-115) and lines of the printed edition.
- Editorial notes
- Maier gives a extended critical discussion of the context in which the Wilkinson edition was produced, and its ideological relationship to other versions of the history of Kedah.
Siti Hawa's introduction is more philologically inclined, giving brief descriptions of published and manuscript versions, and sample parallel texts. The manuscripts so treated are:
- • MS Maxwell 16, Royal Asiatic Society, London
- • MS Maxwell 21, Royal Asiatic Society, London
- • Von de Wall no. 201, Perpustakaan Nasional Republik Indonesia [missing]
- • Hikayat Merong Mahawangsa, published for R.J. Wilkinson, Acting Inspector of Schools, Straits Settlements, Penang: Kim Seck Hean Press, 1898.
- • H.M.J. Maier, In the Center of Authority. The Malay Hikayat Merong Mahawangsa, Cornell University Southeast Asia Program, 1988.
- Added: 1999 - April 2000
- The PUM text was scanned for the MCP in Canberra using Recognita OCR.