|malay concordance project|
Editorials in Malay Vernacular Newspapers
Mohd. Taib bin Osman (ed.), The Language of the Editorials in Malay Editorials in Malay Vernacular Newspapers up to 1941, Kuala Lumpur: Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka, 1966.
1877-1935. (For dates of individual items, refer to the list of editorials.)
Singapore and the Malay states.
9754 words, including 19 verses.
to the pages of the printed edition.
- Editorial notes
- For a full list of the selected articles, click here.
- In search results, click on the location reference to be taken to the full text of the article.
- As one of the editor’s aims was to investigate the adoption of English terminology, the texts include English words. Where possible these have been indexed also in their Malay forms.
- • William R. Roff, Bibliography of Malay and Arabic Periodicals published in the Straits Settlements and Peninsular Malay States 1876-1941 with an annotated union list of holdings in Malaysia, Singapore and the United Kingdom, London: O.U.P., 1972 (London Oriental Bibliographies, volume 3).
- • William R. Roff, The Origins of Malay Nationalism, Yale University Press, 1967 (Yale Southeast Asia Studies, 2).
- • A.C. Milner, The Invention of Politics in Colonial Malaya: Contesting Nationalism and the Expansion of the Public Sphere, Cambridge University Press, 1994.
- Added: March 2003
- The printed text was double-scanned for the MCP in Canberra. The spelling has been modernised, but the marking of reduplication has been retained as reflecting the practice of the original.