|malay concordance project|
Hikayat Panji Kuda Semirang
Lukman Ali & M.S. Hutagalung (eds.), Hikayat Panji Kuda Semirang, Jakarta: Pusat Pembinaan dan Pengembangan Bahasa, Departemen Pendidikan dan Kebudayaan, 1996.
C.St. 125, Perpustakaan Nasional Republik Indonesia, Jakarta.
text: not known; manuscript: 1832.
text: East (?) Java;
to the pages (1-328) and lines of the printed edition, thus: Panji 328:10.
- Editorial notes and bibliography
- The name of the text is given in the manuscript as Hikayat Kuda Semirang Sira Panji Pandai Rupa.
- The text has a Javanese flavour, with some portions of direct speech in Javanese rather than Malay. The words in these Javanese sentences and phrases are indexed in the list of words, but not in the general indexes of the whole corpus. Words with Javanese morphology have been assimilated to the conventions of the Concordance when possible: for instance, angabakti (meaning ‘berbakti’) has been indexed under its root form bakti, and will appear as angabakti.
- A number of words are not traceable in either Malay or Javanese dictionaries. The edition has been prepared haphazardly; it is riddled with typing and typographical errors and inconsistencies in transcription. To some extent these have been corrected, though undoubtedly many remain.
The text is therefore not reliable.
- Liaw Yock Fang, Sejarah Kesusasteraan Klassik, rev. ed., Singapura: Pustaka Nasional, 1982, pp.00-00.
- R.O. Winstedt, A History of Classical Malay Literature, 2nd ed., Kuala Lumpur: Oxford University Press, 1969, pp.00-00.
- V. Braginsky, The Heritage of Traditional Malay Literature: A historical survey of genres, writings and literary views, Leiden: KITLV Press, 2004 (Verhandelingen van het Koninklijk Instituut voor Taal-, Land- en Volkenkunde, 214), pp.00-00.
- Added: February 2010.
- The printed edition was scanned in Canberra by the MCP.