|malay concordance project|
Syair Unggas Soal Jawab
Jumsari Jusuf, Tuti Munawar, Retnadi Geria & Amin Fukri Hoesin (eds.), Antologi Syair Simbolik dalam Sastra Indonesia Lama, Jakarta: Proyek Pembangunan Media Kebudayaan, Departemen Pendidikan dan Kebudayaan, Republik Indonesia, 1978, part IV, pp.101-125, where it is called simply “Syair Burung”.
W 268(b): Perpustakaan Nasional Republik Indonesia, Jakarta.
text: < 1841; manuscript: < 1873.
text: probably Riau; manuscript: Riau, collected by von de Wall.
4271 words, comprising 991 verses.
to the folios, recto and verso (24v-38v), stanzas and verses of the manuscript.
- Editorial notes and bibliography
- The text contains discussions of religious topics.
- The editors have indicated the jawi spelling of some unusual or unknown words. These notes have been included in the MCP edition. However the editors' notes are not comprehensive.
- In some instances the text has been regularised in accordance with the editorial notes.
- The text must be older than 1841, as one Leiden manuscript of this text is dated 1257 A.H. Another Leiden manuscript proposes that the text was composed by Raja Hasan bin Raja Ali Haji of Penyengat in 1859.
- H. Overbeck, "Malay Animal and Flower Shaers", Journal of the Malayan Branch of the Royal Asiatic Society, 12.2 (1934): 108-148, at 108-109, 112-113.
- Added: September 2005
- Scanned and edited in Canberra for the MCP format.