|malay concordance project|
Syair Raja Johor
M.A. Fawzi Basri, Warisan Sejarah Johor, Kuala Lumpur: Persatuan Sejarah Malaysia, 1983 — pp.61-163.
Manuscript 10, Perpustakaan Universiti Malaya, Kuala Lumpur.
text & ? manuscript: 1899.
text & manuscript: Johor
17531 words, comprising 4078 verses.
to the numbered stanzas (1-1029) and of the printed edition, thus: RJoh 238c.
- Editorial notes and bibliography
- The text is published under the title Syair Sultan Abu Bakar. This is a more natural title, but unfortunately it is also the title of a syair published three years earlier in Singapore by Na Tian Piet, Shaer almarhoem beginda Sultan Abubakar di negeri Johor, also included in this Project.
- Manuscript 10 in the University of Malaya Library was formerly owned by Syed Abdul Rahman bin Ja`afar al-Habshi. It comprises two poems: the first a love poem, the second the one edited by Fawzi Basri. Fawzi Basri gives many footnotes identifying individuals and historical events.
- Added: December 2010 published text is to be preferred.
- The printed edition was scanned in Canberra by the MCP using Abbyy™ Finereader OCR.